Skincare Essentials For Short Getaways
It’s the holiday season – while travelling overseas might not be viable during this period, there is a myriad of staycation destinations to meet your needs for a well-deserved getaway! All in all, while making the best out of your break, one shouldn’t forget to look after your skin too! As the saying goes, “Look good, feel good,” right?
You might have to save on luggage space while packing for your anticipated staycations. Here are some skincare travel tips to note when deciding what to bring on your get-away:
- Bring only the most important products you use – a tip for packing light
- Stick to familiar products and ingredients – you want to look good and not worry about experimenting with new and unfamiliar products while you enjoy yourself
- Choose products that are quick and easy to apply – saving you more time to enjoy your staycation!
While there may be a need to pare down the essentials when going on your quick staycaytion, there are some products you should not leave out of your getaway skincare routine. Here are some skincare necessities we recommend that you bring with you when travelling:
- The sun will shine anywhere you go, so be sure to pack a sunscreen of at least 50 SPF to protect your skin from destructive UV rays. Pick an oil-free sunscreen to avoid clogged pores and breakouts.
Try PURITO Comfy Water Sun Block which provides SPF50+ PA+++ with a lightweight, non-greasy formula that spreads effortlessly without leaving a sticky feeling.
- Relaxing in an air-conditioned hotel will definitely affect your skin conditions, so we recommend a lightweight moisturiser that hydrates without making your face oily. Better yet, bring a 2-in-1 moisturiser and sunscreen combo to save you both space and time in your holiday skincare routine!
- Cleansers or face wipes. For a more convenient and fuss-free option, choose make-up wipes instead, allowing you to easily discard them after use.
- Facial sprays. A light refreshing facial spray will help to instantly hydrate and refresh dry and dull skin from one activity to another!
- Face masks. You can choose to bring five or six hydrating sheet masks as a substitute for creams and serums, freeing up space in your luggage. They work just as well for moisturising before bed and what’s more, you can wear them with friends!
Our specially curated Hydrating Sheet Mask Bundle provides light and easy on-the-go hydration
- Lip balm. Cracked and chapped lips can be painful and bring spirits down, be sure to bring with you some extra moisturising lip balms or treatments to protect your lips.
Try our A'PIEU Honey & Milk Lip Sleeping Pack, which is small and portable yet deeply soothing, perfect for packing light
Most importantly, you should make sure that your skincare routine is consistent even while you indulge in your quick getaway, to maintain quality skin. Hopefully with this guide you can keep your skin feeling hydrated and refreshed while you make the best out of this holiday season!