Free Delivery in Singapore and Malaysia with any purchase!

Reboot Your Skin: Work From Home Edition

Many of us in Singapore have been working remotely due to the spike in COVID-19 cases, causing us to move into “Phase 2 Heightened Alert”. During these unprecedented times, it is crucial to monitor our health, not just physically­­ but mentally and emotionally too.

What’s our self-care tip during this period whether you’re in quarantine or working from home? Reboot your skin! Now that we don’t have to wear makeup as often or report to the office, why not pamper your skin with 3 handy-dandy tips? After all, staying at home means we have more control over our time.

#1 Commit to your skincare routine

We are all guilty of skipping our skincare regime at least once in our lives. Maybe we were busy or just downright lazy but those are not excuses we should be using anymore. Be it the morning, night or both morning and night regimes, skincare is extremely important. If you don’t have a skincare routine yet, check out this article to get started.

#2 Continue to wear sunscreen (yes even indoors!)

Working from home means our skin is significantly less exposed to  the sun. However, we still need to apply sunscreen diligently. It might seem silly or counterintuitive to do so since you’re indoors but ultraviolet (UV) rays enter your home through the windows. There are a few types of skin-damaging rays present in sunlight namely UV-A rays and UV-B rays. 95% of rays are actually UV-A rays while the remaining 5% are UV-B rays.

UV-A rays have a longer wavelength which allows it to penetrate more deeply into the skin and cause wrinkles and ageing. On the other hand, UV-B rays have a shorter wavelength, causing it to damage the outer layer of the skin and cause sunburns. We recommend a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 or more to give your skin the utmost protection indoors, especially if you are working nearby a window.    

#3 Exercise regularly 

Ever had rosy cheeks after our workout? That’s your skin being pumped with oxygen and nutrients. Exercise helps improve oxygen flow to the skin and speed up the removal of unwanted products in the skin which removes the skin from further damage. 

Aside from that, another treat for your skin with regular exercise is the stimulation of collagen production. Sure, you could spend heaps of cash on collagen supplements, but why spend that much when you can do a quick jog around the neighbourhood or a 20 minute high intensity interval training (HIIT). 

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

What are you looking for?

Your cart